Thursday, December 8, 2011

Further Discussion


For me I think should have had further been discussed because there were so many different kinds and they I found it so confusing. I read over that concept so much and I thought I knew it getting into the test, but didn’t do as well as I thought I did after reviewing the results. All the different types of fallacies were briefly described in the book, so it was hard to follow the assignments and the examples did not help my understanding. Having us blog about it and having the website to refer to kind of helped but taking the test really showed how much you truly understood the material. I know that fallacies are a main part of arguments because they make them weak or strong. 
       Another concept I felt needed further discussion Epstein's chapter 9 on Concealed Claims. According to Epstein, Euphemism is when a word or phrase that makes something sound better than a neutral description and Dysphemism is when a word or phrase that makes something sound worse than a neutral description. Epstein gives us examples of these concepts, but does not go into depth or detail in how we can apply these concepts or how to use these concepts in words in everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment