Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What I have learned

I learned the many types of arguments one can make. Arguments can range from deciding which brand is better or making conclusions in more serious matters like business decisions. I now know how to effectively listen and decide. Another thing I picked up from this class was how to counter-argue. I have learned the types of arguments and parts of arguments one can use to argue so I can effectively counter-argue if I chose to do. If I am agreeing or disagreeing with an argument I am able to review both sides of the argument better now I believe.
Lastly, I have learned how to work in groups. The three projects/essays assigned were completed in groups. In our group we were able to designate jobs and break down the assignment. By breaking down the assignment we could figure out when to do what and create deadlines and meeting times to complete the assignment. From this we also learned adaptability because we would have to adapt to each other schedules and the circumstances that followed in the execution of our projects. 

1 comment:

  1. I can agree with you on what you have learned with the groups, and I mean what we have learned on how to work together as a group and as a unit and as a coalition of intellectually like minded people that can work together as human beings and utilize the resources we are given. Completing the assignment was just a portion of the gains we were able to get out of the group assignments. Being able to think smart about how we were going to get the project done such as breaking down the assignment can be useful and beneficial. Learning in this class has helped us think critically in the real world that we face.

    ReplyDelete